As usual, many people are using their own retro handheld emulators as media players. The series of Anbernic RG351 handhelds have enough power to play as a movie player for different formats. Today, I will make a quick guide on how to watch movie on AmberELEC for Anbernic RG351 and RG552.
What you need
- Install AmberELEC (the latest version)
How to watch movie on AmberELEC?
- If you have AmberELEC (351ELEC) on your Anbernic RG351 device, it should include a movie player by default
- Insert the SD card to a computer, make a folder mplayer inside /storage/roms/ if there is none
- Put video files into this folder. Then put the SD card back to your handheld (TF1 slot in RG351MP and RG351V)
- In EmulationStation, choose mplayer
Which file can AmberELEC video player play?
AmberELEC can support video files in format
.mp4 .mkv .avi .mov .wmv .m3u .mpg
Global shortcuts for AmberELEC video player
|R1||Skip 5 seconds|
|SELECT + R1||Skip 60 seconds|
|L1||Rewind 5 seconds|
|SELECT + L1||Rewind 60 seconds|
|SELECT + START||Quit video player|
|L2 + SELECT + START||Kill process (in case the video player crashes)|
That’s it, if you have any other questions, please find it in my RG351 tutorial.